The FIA Foundation is celebrating its 20th anniversary,
The Foundation was established by the FIA in 2001, and began its work in earnest in early 2002. With a remit to work on road safety, sustainable mobility and safe motor sport, the charity has been a leader and funder in global road safety advocacy, and has supported many successful initiatives over the past two decades.
- Helping to build the global road safety movement from literally nothing twenty years ago to deliver several UN resolutions, three Ministerial conferences, a World Bank facility and a UN fund, two Decades of Action, and a UN development target.
- Funding many of the major safety improvements in motor sport, from fire resistant clothing to extrication training, from high-speed barriers to the Halo.
- Returning tens of millions of euros in charitable grants to our member clubs, for mobility and motor sport activities, campaigns and projects.
- Supporting innovative research on road safety and poverty; transport and social exclusion; impact investing; the needs and rights of women in transport; and much more.
- Working with technical experts, the NGO community and FIA member clubs to build the leading global programmes on crash testing, road assessment, fuel efficiency and safe journeys to school.