EuroOver 700 registrations have already been received for the 2021 iRAP Innovation Workshop co-hosted with the Regional Road Safety Observatories which will be presented free in 5 languages (English, Spanish, Portuguese, French and Russian) on 7 and 14 October and will shine a light on “Data Driven Innovation to Halve Global Road Deaths by 2030”.
Effective action, policy-making and investment will require accurate road safety data collected through transparent, rigorous and efficient methods that meet the global safety standard for benchmarking and comparison across time.
The Regional Road Safety Observatories (RRSOs) in Africa (ARSO), Asia-Pacific (APRSO), Ibero-America (OISEVI),
pe (ERSO), Western Balkans (WBRSO) and Eastern Partnership Road Safety Observatory (EaP) supported by iRAP and other intergovernmental organisations, aim to accelerate country-level improvements in data collection, analyses and decision making.
Workshop sessions will focus on:
- A world free of high-risk roads and the critical role of the RRSOs
- Data-driven successes in safety
- How could big data change the game for road safety?
- Applications of big data for road safety
- Telematics and speed data solutions
- Fleets and crash prediction
- Reflections on opportunities for the Regional Road Safety Observatories and the future