Nestle – Nestle road safety initiative
In 2004, the company calculated that in Europe it needed to sell 235 million Kit Kats per annum to generate the revenue to finance its motor fleet insurances.
This led to The Nestlé road safety initiative, which is now in its 10th year. It focuses on:
• Road safety committee, key process indicators and fleet safety tool kit developed for countries and business units entering the program.
• Driver, vehicle and journey safety built into Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) Standard.
• Online driver risk assessment, monitoring and improvement process embedded across 40,000+ drivers in 70+ countries and 35+ languages.
• Standards developed for supplier fleets, with increasing focus on emerging regions.
• Industry leadership through good practice sharing initiatives.