Road Safety and Society: Involving Stakeholders in Road Safety Programmes 19 November
Online Event - 19 November 2020 - 10.00 - 12.00 CET
This event is organised by ETSC and DVR with the support of the German Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure in connection with the German Presidency of the Council of the EU.
National experts from Germany will share their experience with international and private sector experts on how to involve stakeholders in road safety programmes.
Following welcome addresses from:
- Dr. Tamara Zieschang, State Secretary at the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI)
- Prof. Dr. Walter Eichendorf (DVR)
- Prof. Herman de Croo (ETSC)
- Toyota Motor Europe
There will be presentations on:
- Involving road safety stakeholders in EU policy: Matthew Baldwin, European Coordinator for Road Safety, European Commission;
- Germany’s new road safety strategy: Kai Assing, Assistant Head of Division RV2 Road Safety, Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI);
- The DVR and its role and experience in involving different actors in road safety activities: Prof. Dr. Walter Eichendorf.
- The presentations will be followed by a panel discussion. The panel will include short interventions on:
- Effective road safety strategies: findings from the PIN project, Antonio Avenoso, ETSC;
- Involving stakeholders in road safety strategies – Ulrich Malburg, Head of Unit, Ministry of Transport, State of North Rhine Westphalia;
- Stakeholder engagement in Ireland’s road safety strategy, Michael Rowland, Road Safety Authority, Ireland;
- Involving stakeholders in road safety strategies – the view of the private sector, Dr. Thomas Linz, Head of HSE Bayer AG Berlin.
To register for this event and to download the latest agenda, click here.
This event will use the Zoom Webinar platform. Interpretation will be available in German and English.